Once you've enabled the ADP integration with Pingboard, Admins can use the ADP Sync Management page to customize how data is imported:
- Select Account and choose Add-Ons from the left-side navigation menu.
- Select ADP, navigate to the Settings tab of your ADP integration.
- Choose Custom Field Mapping.
Here you can select what your default import setting is, Update if Blank or Overwrite. You can also use the middle column to change this setting for each individual field.
- Update if Blank - ADP data will only be imported into blank fields. This means that if an employee already has data in a field in Pingboard (like Job Title), your import will not update or change that data.
- Overwrite - Existing data in Pingboard is overwritten and replaced by any new data from your ADP sync.
ADP syncs the following fields over automatically:
- Mobile Phone
- Office Phone
- Job Title
- Start Date
These will be matched with their corresponding Pingboard Field by default, but you can tell Pingboard where to place employee data from ADP by using the drop-down menus to match each ADP Field on the left to its target Pingboard Field on the right.
Under the default fields, you’ll see a list of all your Unmapped Fields within ADP. If you’d like to import one of these Custom Fields, you will first need to create that Custom Field within Pingboard. After setting up your Custom Field within Pingboard, it will appear in the drop-down menus under Pingboard Field, allowing you to easily map over the corresponding ADP Field.
After you’ve finished setting up your fields, click Continue. The following page will provide you with 10 samples of how your data will look on various employee profiles. If anything looks incorrect, you’ll be able to go back and make changes before saving.
Once you’ve confirmed that your data is transferring over correctly, click the Finish button at the bottom. Once your changes have been processed, which can take around 10-15 minutes, you’ll receive a success message on the screen confirming that your mappings have been saved successfully and a sync is in progress.
Still need help? Let us know.