Comments on Planning Org Charts help you make notes for future plans, ask questions, and discuss changes with other collaborators. Pingboard keeps comments across all of your Org Charts organized, up-to-date, and easy to find.
Comments on Planning Org Charts can only be seen by Admin or Pro users who are collaborators on the org chart, so you can be sure that the work you do together is private.
Adding Comments to Roles
There are two ways to add a comment to an Org Chart.
- Navigate to a role card that you would like to leave a comment on
- Click the 3 dots located on that role card
- Select the option "Add Comment" from the dropdown
- This opens up the right panel where you can add your comment
- Navigate to the role card that you would like to leave a comment on
- Click on the role card
- This will open up the right panel
- From there, select the "Comment" tab at the top of the panel
- This will give bring up a new view where you can add your comment
** All comments on Planning Org Charts are specific to Roles on that chart.
Reading Comments on a Planning Org Chart
- Open the Planning Org Chart you want to view.
- Find the "Comment" button in the top right of the Org Chart to view that Org Chart's comments in chronological order (use Show previous comments to see past conversations).
- Select any comment to zoom to the Role it's attached to.
You can also select the Comment icon on any Role card on the Org Chart to view comments connected to that Role.
Reading Comments in the Notifications Tab
In the top right corner of Pingboard, users will see a Notifications icon in the shape of a bell.
Select the bell to view new notifications on Planning Charts you have access to. If no new notifications are available, Pingboard lets you know that you're all caught up. Choose Show Previous to reveal older notifications in chronological order.
Each comment has a heading that lists which Planning Org Chart it is from and the Role it relates to on that chart. Choose any comment to open the Org Chart and Role the comment relates to.
Receiving Email Notifications for Comments
When a comment is left on one of your Org Charts, you'll receive an email notification from Pingboard. Selecting View in Pingboard or the Role Title on any comment in a notification email will bring you to the Org Chart and highlight the Role that the comment was left on.
You can customize your notification preferences on your Preferences page. By default, you'll receive notifications for comments on Roles you've previously commented on and specific @ mentions of your name, but you can also choose to receive an email for all comments on your org charts.
If you'd prefer not to receive email notifications for comments, turn them off on your Preferences page.
Comments can be deleted a few different ways:
- Use the Edit or Delete buttons under your comments to make changes or remove them at any time.
- When a Planning org chart is promoted to Live, all comments are removed.
- Deleting a Role from a Planning Org Chart will delete the comments attached to that role.
Still need help? Let us know.