Pingboard's CSV import tools require CSV files with UTF-8 encoding. If your CSV file isn't saved with UTF-8 encoding, we may not be able to process the file or you may run into other errors.
To save a text file with UTF-8 encoding in Excel (on a Windows computer):
- Choose File->Save as from the menu.
- In the 'Save as type' dropdown > select 'Comma Separated Values (*.csv)'
- Select 'Web Options' in the 'Tools...' dropdown at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Select the 'Encoding' tab.
- In the 'Save this document as:' dropdown, select 'Unicode (UTF-8)'
If you're using a Mac, the best option is to open and export the file as a CSV using Apple Numbers or Google Sheets instead.
Still need help? Let us know.