Syncing Pingboard with your company's GSuite account enables single sign-on for Pingboard through Google, imports employee Profiles, and displays Google Calendars in employee Profiles. Once the integration is set up you can easily manage who is synced from your Google Apps account, and enable automatic invites for any new Profiles synced from Google.
Before you start, make sure you have:
- Admin access to Pingboard.
- Admin access to your organization's Google Apps account.
- Enabled API Access Setting in Google Apps (under Security > API Reference in your Google Apps account).
Once you have all those things in order, follow these steps to set up your Google Apps integration for PIngboard:
- Click Admin, then select Add-Ons from the drop-down menu
- Click Browse, select the Google Apps integration, then click Enable
- Sign in to your Google Apps Admin account with your email and password
Once you've been authenticated, the sync will immediately start.
Most initial syncs take about 30 minutes to an hour, but depending on the status of Google's servers it may take a bit longer. Feel free to navigate away from the page while you wait for your colleagues to be synced.
Once the initial sync is finished, you can manage your syncing preferences on the Manage Sync page:
- To select which Organizational Units are synced, select Manage OU Sync and select only the OUs that you'd like to sync to Pingboard.
- To sync specific employees, select Choose Specific Employees - you'll be shown a list employees available for syncing and can choose from that list to make sure everyone who shouldn't be synced is removed right away.
- Under Data Options select Overwrite existing data if you want data from Google profiles to automatically overwrite what's in Pingboard, or choose Only add new data to fill only blank fields in Pingboard Profiles.
- Select Automatically Invite New Employees to automatically send invite emails to any new employee added by your Google Apps sync (note that employees added by the initial sync are not eligible to receive those invites and will still need to be invited manually).
- Select Show Google Calendar on Profiles to display a summary of Google Calendar events on each employee's Pingboard profile - only events and calendars with "Public" visibility in Google Calendar will be displayed.
- If you're using the Status add on for Pingboard, select Create Google Calendar for Status Updates to sync statuses from Pingboard to GCal on a shared calendar for your entire organization.
- Create additional, specific calendars in Google Calendar by typing the names of Groups, Locations, and Departments into the Team Calendars section - those calendars will only appear to members of those groups in Pingboard so that everyone can focus on events pertinent to them in GCal.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to complete your setup.
Still need help? Let us know.