When creating Custom Fields, choose between any of the following field types to make sure your data is presented in the place and format in profiles:
- Text: Text-box of either short or long length, best for bios, stories, or short notes
- Choice: Drop-down menu, allowing employees to choose one or more items from a list of options
- Phone: For entering phone numbers (appears in the top section of a person's profile, underneath their main phone number)
- Email: For entering email addresses (appears in the top section of a person's profile, underneath their main email address)
- Tag: Automatically creates a tag for your company's Pingboard every time a new answer is entered. Best used for fields like “Interests”, “Favorite Foods”, etc – these tags become searchable by default, so you can see if multiple employees enjoy the same interests, foods, share the same skills, etc.
- Date: For entering dates, like start-dates, anniversaries, or dates of specific accomplishments
- Number: For asking about numbers, like “How many cats do you own?” or "What's your employee number?"
- Checkbox: One or more checkboxes defined by admins. This is another good one to use for specific interests or skills as they pertain to your company
- Person: Drop-down menu, allowing employees to select from other users in your organization's Pingboard – best used for fields like “I report to”, “Favorite Person”, or "Work Buddy"
- Address: For fields like "Home Address", "PO Box", etc.
- URL: Choose a title for your field and use it to store URLs to important data like "Resumé/CV", "Seating Chart Position", etc.
Still need help? Let us know.