Admins can upload profile information for people in their company quickly with CSV imports. You can use a CSV to update any Custom Field information in Pingboard, along with Teams and Locations.
Self Serve Imports (for Org Charts)
If you want to use CSV to import or make changes to your Org Chart, use the Self Serve Import option on the Sync & Import page. Org Chart Imports are 100% self-service and allow you to import new information or update existing data for:
- First Names
- Last Names
- Email Addresses
- Job Titles
- Managers (Direct Reporting Relationships)
Self Serve imports are the only available import method for Free accounts. For all other information (like Birthdays and Start Dates), use our Full-Serve Import method.
- On the import screen, match each column from your CSV to a field in Pingboard
- If you need to overwrite relationships on your existing Org Chart with your new CSV, choose "Replace existing data" as your Import Preference
If you want to update more than just your Org Chart, use the Full-serve import option on the Sync & Import page. If you don't already have a CSV prepared you can fill out the template provided, or use an Everything Report from our Reports page as a custom template.
- On the Sync and Import page, click Full-Serve Import
- Check the Helpful Tips section to make sure your CSV meets our requirements
- Click Browse to select the file you need to import from your computer, then select Upload to submit it to our import queue
These larger imports can take up to a business day to complete while they go through our systematic QA process to make sure there are no data or formatting errors before the import is completed. You'll receive a notification as soon as your CSV has been received, and another once your import is complete.
By default, CSV imports only populate data to empty fields and will not overwrite existing data in Pingboard. To overwrite data with information in a CSV import, include the word "overwrite" in the column header for that field (for example, to overwrite Job Titles, your column header in the CSV should read "Job Title Overwrite").
Still need help? Let us know.