What are Company Values in Pingboard?
Company Values sit on a section of your Company Dashboard in Pingboard. This is where you can add each of your core values as determined by your organization. In Pingboard, your Company Values include the name of the value, a description of the value, an icon you’d like to associate with the value, and a category tag.
By highlighting your company values in Pingboard, they’ll be easily accessible for your employees and help strengthen your culture by keeping these values in mind during day-to-day operations.
How to edit Company Values
To add or edit your Company Values in Pingboard, follow these steps:
- Click on “Company” in your left hand navigation menu.
- On the Company Dashboard, scroll down to “Our Values” and click “Edit”.
- On the Manage Company Values page, click + Add Another.
- In the modal that appears, add the value name, select an icon (optional), add a tag (optional), and add your description (optional).
- Then click the “Save” button.
- Once saved, the Value will appear on your Company Dashboard and it can be edited or archived at any time.
Note: Each Value name can have up to 50 characters. However, keep in mind that any values over 40 characters long will be cut off when tagged in Applause. By adding a short value tag, you can avoid having values that are cut off in Applause.
Other tips for using Company Values
- You must have Admin or Company Editor permissions in Pingboard in order to add, edit, or archive Company Values.
- You must be on an Essential or Pro subscription plan in order to add tags or icons to your Company Values.
- You can click and drag Company Values to change the order of their appearance on your Company Dashboard.
- If you have previously added Company Values to Pingboard prior to this release, they are still saved on your Company Page and you may edit them using the new fields provided.
- Icons, Tags, and Descriptions for Company Values are optional, but highly encouraged to add depth and meaning to your values.
- You must fill out your Company Values in order to use the Applause Values feature (coming soon!).
Still need help? Let us know.