To set up the Microsoft 365 Add-On for Pingboard, you'll need:
- A paid Pingboard account.
- Admin access in Pingboard.
- Admin access in Microsoft 365.
- Sign in to your Pingboard account, then navigate to the Add-Ons section (Admin > Add-Ons).
- Select Microsoft from the Add-Ons list.
- Select Set Up, then choose Connect with Microsoft.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Admin credentials to authenticate. You'll be asked to confirm the permissions you're giving to allow Pingboard to view your Microsoft 365 Data.
- Confirm the connection between your Pingboard and Microsoft accounts.
When you finish authenticating, your Microsoft and Pingboard accounts are connected. You're ready to configure your integration from within your Pingboard account.
Use the options on the Settings page of your integration to configure how it behaves and who is synced from your Microsoft account:
- SSO Enabled - On by default. Adds or remove the "Sign in with Microsoft" button from your organization's login page.
- Data Sync enabled - When on, regularly syncs profiles and data from Microsoft 365 to Pingboard. When off, the sync is paused (not disconnected).
- Overwrite Fields in Pingboard - Off by default, but recommended. When on, data synced from Microsoft profiles will overwrite data in Pingboard profiles every time. When off, data synced from Microsoft profiles will only be synced to empty fields in Pingboard profiles.
- Automatically Invite New Employees - Off by default. When on, an invite email from Pingboard will automatically be delivered to each new user synced from your Microsoft account.
- Sync by Employees - By default, the Microsoft integration will sync all active profiles in your Microsoft account. Use the Manage Employees Sync button to select or de-select specific accounts from syncing from Microsoft to Pingboard. De-selected employees are deleted from Pingboard when you save your changes.
- Sync by Groups - By default, the Microsoft integration will sync all active profiles in your Microsoft account. Use the Manage Groups Sync button to search for and sync specific Security Groups or Microsoft 365 Groups of users from your Microsoft account. Select Add next to groups in your search results that you want to sync. You can search for and add as many groups as you like.
- Sync Statuses to Outlook - Off by default. Enable to sync Pingboard Statuses to your Outlook Calendar account so that everyone can keep track of where you'll be and when you'll be there.
- Disable Microsoft - Severs the data connection between Microsoft and Pingboard accounts on the Pingboard side, removes the "Sign in with Microsoft" SSO option on the login page. The data connection and app install may still exist on the Microsoft side.
Still need help? Let us know.