Adding Okta as a single sign-on (SAML) method for Pingboard helps increase security and allows your employees one-click access to Pingboard from their Okta account. To set up single sign-on through Okta, you'll need Admin access to both Okta and Pingboard.
Sign in to your Okta Admin account to get started.
- In Okta, search for and add the Pingboard App (make sure you select "Pingboard", not "Pingboard - SWA Only")
- Follow the instructions in Okta to set up the Pingboard App – be sure to enter only your subdomain in the subdomain section. For example, if your Pingboard URL is https://acme.pingboard.com, enter "acme" there.
- Under Sign On Methods, select SAML 2.0 and click View Setup Instructions
- Copy your IDP Metadata from Okta
Sign in to Pingboard to finish the process.
- In Pingboard, click Admin and select Add-Ons from the drop-down menu
- Click Browse and select Okta, then click Enable
- Paste your IDP Metadata from Okta into the metadata field - it will be authenticated automatically and your SSO setup will complete as soon as it is verified
Still need help? Let us know.