Adding Okta as a single sign-on (SAML) method for Pingboard helps increase security and allows your employees one-click access to Pingboard from their Okta account. To set up single sign-on through Okta, you'll need Admin access to both Okta and Pingboard.
- In your Okta account, search for and add the Pingboard App (select "Pingboard", not "Pingboard - SWA Only"
- Follow the instructions in Okta to set up the Pingboard App – be sure to enter only your subdomain in the Subdomain section. For example, if your Pingboard URL is https://acme.pingboard.com, enter "acme" there.
- Under Sign On Methods, select SAML 2.0 and click View Setup Instructions
- Copy your IDP Metadata from Okta
- In Pingboard, click Add-Ons > Integrations to find and enable the Okta integration, then paste your IDP Metadata from Okta into the metadata field
- Okta also allows you to automatically import accounts to Pingboard. If you only want to use Okta for Single-Sign-On, click Next through the rest of the menus in Okta, then click Done to finish your integration setup.
Still need help? Let us know.