Adding Okta as a single sign-on (SAML) method for Pingboard helps increase security and allows your employees one-click access to Pingboard from their Okta account. To set up single sign-on through Okta, you'll need admin access to both Okta and Pingboard.
Sign in to your Okta Admin account to get started:
- In Okta, search for and add the Pingboard App (make sure you select "Pingboard", not "Pingboard - SWA Only").
- Follow the instructions in Okta to set up the Pingboard App – be sure to enter only your subdomain in the subdomain section. For example, if your Pingboard URL is https://acme.pingboard.com, enter "acme" there.
- Under Sign On Methods, select SAML 2.0 and choose View Setup Instructions.
- Copy your IDP Metadata from Okta.
Sign in to Pingboard to finish the process:
- In Pingboard, select Admin and choose Add-Ons from the drop-down menu.
- Select Browse and choose Okta, then Enable.
- Paste your IDP Metadata from Okta into the metadata field - it will be authenticated automatically and your SSO setup will complete as soon as it is verified.
Still need help? Let us know.