Enabling user provisioning from Azure AD will allow you to add users from Azure to Pingboard and pull in their data from Azure. Employee data is synced one-way from Azure AD to Pingboard.
From the Microsoft Azure integration page in Pingboard:
- Select "Enable user provisioning from Azure"
- Do not turn on the invite option for now – you can turn this on once the integration is set up and you're ready to launch Pingboard to your organization
- Copy the ID token generated for your Pingboard account
Once you've copied your ID code, go back to Azure AD Management Portal:
- Navigate to the Pingboard Enterprise Application in your AD portal
- Select Provisioning
- For Provisioning Mode, select "Automatic"
- Under Tenant URL, enter: https://your_domain.pingboard.com/scim/v2
- Under Secret Token, paste the ID token generated for you in Pingboard previously
- Click Test Connection to ensure that the Tenant URL and Secret Token are correct
- Once the test is successful, click Save
- Check your Attribute Mapping section by clicking "Synchronize Azure Active Directory Users to Pingboard" – delete any mapped fields that you don't store data for in Azure AD, then exit the Attribute Mapping section
- Under Settings, keep Provisioning Status set to Off
- For Scope, choose Sync only assigned users and groups
- Click Save
Now it's time to add your first user to make sure that everything is working correctly:
- Select Users and Groups from the menu on the left
- Click Add User
- Select Users & Groups from the menu on the left, then click on a user that you want to use to test your setup
- Click Select at the bottom of the screen
- Click Assign
- Click Provisioning from the navigation menu to go back to your provisioning page, set Provisioning Status to On
As long as everything is set up correctly, you'll see the number of employees that you selected being synced under Synchronization Details on the Provisioning screen.
If your test user was already in your Pingboard account, check to see if information that was in Azure AD but not Pingboard has now been synced to Pingboard, or try syncing someone who isn't already in your Pingboard account. Keep in mind that this initial sync from Azure AD can take up to an hour (future syncs will not take as long).
After you check to make sure everything is syncing correctly, go ahead and sync the rest of your Users and Groups!
Congratulations, your Azure AD integration is complete!
Still need help? Let us know.