Configuring and enabling single sign-on for Azure AD allows users to sign into Pingboard using the same credentials they use to sign in to Microsoft services for your company.
From your Azure AD Management Portal, select the Pingboard application you previously installed, then click Single sign-on under "Manage".
- For Mode, select SAML-based Sign-on
- Under Pingboard Domains and URLs, copy and paste the following URLs into the matching fields:
(For example: https://urbanwonders.pingboard.com/auth/saml/consume)
- Change User Identifier to user.mail
- Click "Save" to save the changes you've made so far
- Under SAML Signing Certificate, click Metadata XML to download your customized SAML metadata file – we'll paste this data into Pingboard later, so go ahead and open the downloaded file in Notepad (or TextEdit if you're on a Mac)
Once you've got your Metadata XML file open, sign into your Pingboard account to finish your setup.
- Click Add-Ons and select Integrations
- Find and select Microsoft Azure integration, then click Enable
- Select Configure
- Copy the text from your opened Metadata XML file and paste it into the Metadata XML field in Pingboard – make sure you paste every single character into this field, it's what Pingboard and Azure AD will use to make sure that they can talk to each other when verifying users
Once you've pasted your XML into Pingboard, our system will verify it to make sure it's correct. Congratulations, you've finished your SSO setup for Azure AD!
Test your integration by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Pingboard Enterprise Application in your AD portal (Active Directory > Enterprise Applications > Pingboard)
- Select Users and Groups from the menu on the left
- Click Add User
- Select Users & Groups from the menu on the left, search for your name and click on it when it appears
- Click Select at the bottom of the screen
- Click Assign
- In Pingboard, click on your avatar in the upper-right corner and select Sign Out
- Choose Sign in with Azure on the login page to make sure that authentication is successful
Still need help? Let us know.