Configuring and enabling single sign-on for Azure AD allows users to sign into Pingboard using the same credentials they use to sign in to Microsoft services for your company.
From your Azure AD Management Portal, select the Pingboard application you previously installed, then select the Single sign-on tab under "Manage".
In Azure AD:
- For Method, select SAML.
- Edit the Basic SAML Configuration:
- Make sure the Identifier (Entity ID) is set to: http://app.pingboard.com/sp
- Set the Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) to:
(For example: https://urbanwonders.pingboard.com/auth/saml/consume)
- Save your changes.
- Under SAML Signing Certificate, download the Federation Metadata XML file – we'll paste this data into Pingboard later, so go ahead and open the downloaded file in Notepad (or TextEdit if you're on a Mac).
Once you've got your Metadata XML file open, sign into your Pingboard account to finish your setup.
- Select Add-Ons from the Account menu.
- Browse and select the Microsoft Azure integration, then choose Enable.
- Select Configure.
- Copy the text from your opened Federation Metadata XML file and paste it into the Metadata XML field in Pingboard – make sure you paste every single character into this field, it's what Pingboard and Azure AD will use to make sure that they can talk to each other when verifying your users.
Once you've pasted your XML into Pingboard, our system will verify it to make sure it's correct. Congratulations, you've finished your SSO setup for Azure AD!
Test your integration by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Pingboard Enterprise Application in your AD portal (Active Directory > Enterprise Applications > Pingboard).
- Select Users and Groups from the menu on the left.
- Choose Add User.
- Select Users & Groups from the menu on the left, search for your name and select it when it appears.
- Use the Select at the bottom of the screen to finish your selections, then choose Assign.
- In Pingboard, select your avatar in the upper-right corner and choose Sign Out.
- Choose Sign in with Azure on the login page to make sure that authentication is successful.
That's it! Your Azure/Office 365 Single Sing-On setup is complete. If you'd also like to sync employees profiles from Azure AD, scroll down and select the next step.
Configure user provisioning from Azure AD
Still need help? Let us know.