The Slack integration with Pingboard allows for more flexibility with adding Statuses and Applause while staying within your Slack workspace and provides live updates about what's happening in your organization. You can even review Pingboard's homepage from the Pingboard channel in Slack to help you stay in the know with your colleagues.
From the Home Tab:
- Select Add a Status or Add an Applause from the top of the page to quickly add either to your Pingboard account while staying in your Slack workspace. If your team has set up notifications for these types of notifications in Slack, you'll see that update in the channel of their choosing and you'll see it in your Pingboard account.
- You'll find the For You section to view your Connections, your 1:1 agendas, and any Surveys your team may have sent you.
- You'll see the Company section to check out Celebrations, Open Roles, and Announcements, similar to your Pingboard homepage view.
The Messages Tab is similar to receiving notifications in your Pingboard account to stay up to date with any upcoming 1:1s, new Surveys, or Applause you may have received. Admins can also sync with Slack to post different kinds of Pingboard notifications to different channels of your choice, including:
- A summary of today's status updates including Company Holidays (posted at 8 AM local time) and live updates for newly created statuses happening today. You can also use a slash-command ("/status") to add a new Status from any Slack channel.
- A summary of today's celebrations like birthdays, work anniversaries, and new hires (similar to what's in the This Week email).
- Live updates when an employee receives Applause, and a slash-command ("/applaud") to give someone applause in Pingboard from within your Slack workspace.
If you don't have Slack and Pingboard connected yet, you can easily enable this by following our guide, Enable the Integration for Slack.
Still need help? Let us know.